Faculty Salary Equity
The Faculty Senate and UCF recognizes that to “attract and cultivate exceptional and diverse faculty” is one of our promises in the Collective Impact strategic plan. Understanding more deeply how a variety of variables, including job title, date hired and discipline, influence salaries will help us fulfill that promise.
IKM was tasked with conducting salary research of UCF faculty during the early spring of 2017 to get a better understanding of possible pay gaps and equality issues. The research was conducted based on previous salary equity studies conducted at UC Berkeley, UC Riverside, and others. Initial findings were presented to the Faculty Senate in March of 2017.
During the Summer of 2017, the Faculty Senate, Faculty Excellence, and IKM convened a working group and collaborated with university leaders on determining the best way to move forward. After additional work, the final study findings were presented again to Faculty Senate in November of 2017.
Final Report and Summary
Equity Study References
- 2017 Colorado State University – Salary Equity
- 2017 University of Iowa (national sample of political science faculty) – Determinants of Salary Dispersion among Political Science Faculty
- 2016 Rochester Institute of Technology – Salary-Equity Study
- 2015 UC Berkeley – Report on the UC Berkeley Faculty Salary Equity Study
- 2015 University of Missouri – Faculty Salary Equity Study
- 2014 UC Riverside – Analysis of Salary Equity by Gender and, Among Men, Ethnicity
Working Group Members
Office of Institutional Equity